Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April 1st

I had a writing challenge lined up, but I had a long day, so we're gonna write about real life.

It's 10pm when I get the text, "We're getting ready."  Oh shit.
"Do I come now?"  15 seconds.
"I'm coming down."
"No, wait.  We're gonna wait till morning."

I haven't been sleeping so anytime was fine.  I take too many sleeping pills and wait.

It's 5am when he texts me, "We're going."
"I have a job, I won't be there till after 11."
"Can't you come sooner?"
"I'll come sooner."
"No, it's okay.  Come after 11."

When I finally get on the road the horizon is a sun bleached bone and there are more that two hundred miles to go.  

Annnnnd scene!

I also had a corona virus scare, I think I'm okay?  Eh.  I wanted to include that, as well as entering an empty house, but eh.

I also wanted to write about getting waaaay to close to some of the rigs, but I like this kinda stark scene better, and I feel like describing too much would take away from that.


No comments:

Post a Comment